Career Support at Sabio Coding Bootcamp
How our team supports all graduates of the Sabio Coding Bootcamp
Unlike a traditional four-year college program, Sabio Coding Bootcamp prepares students to enter the tech workforce in just a few months, but our services don’t stop there. At Sabio, we are committed to our students' success and understand how invaluable support past the bootcamp stage can be. We are proud of our 80% post graduation success rate, and look forward to making it 100% in the near future.
Career Support Services:
- We offer career counseling, workshops, and training to support our students and alumni’s job search and career development. These services also provide networking opportunities to help students achieve their career goals.
- We help students polish out professional resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and GitHub portfolios. Additionally, we offer individual and customized guidance for each student, including one-on-one career coaching with professional Software Engineers, countless mock interviews, and coding challenges.
- We also have frequent networking opportunities - including demo days and recruiters from companies.
All of these support services together help students get ready for the job market, set goals, get job referrals, and have a better understanding of the industry and employment outlook
Upcoming in October:
Motivational Mondays with Nancy Her - Every Mon @ 9AM & 4PM PST
Nancy joins Sabio as a Career Counselor to provide professional career coaching to all students in a student-centric way that will support students to find a career upon completing their program at Sabio. Nancy has been an influential leader in the higher education industry for the last 7 years.
Bonus: We’ll treat you to dinner for making 200+ applications prior to attendance
Data Structure & Algo Workshops with Alexander Blake - Every Mon @ 5PM PST
Data structures and algorithms are essential if you want to write efficient code, and are an essential and fundamental part of technical job interviews. Join us virtually from anywhere in the country to learn tips, tricks and how-to’s for this essential building block from expert Alexander Blake.
General Coding Topics Study group with Clay - Every Tues @ 8AM & Fri @ 12PM PST
Talk to like minded peers about which coding topics are the best to study, swap techniques and information, network with others and build a peer support group.
Data Structure & Algo Study Group with Jake Kim - Every Weds @ 3PM & Thurs @ 1PM PST
Jake Kim graduated with a BS in Electro-Mechanical Engineering at Cal Poly. Previously, Jake worked as a project manager at a construction company. He took the chance of learning to code through Sabio and now joins us as an instructor and valued member of our engineering team. Get together with your peers every week to learn data structures & algorithms to prep for coding interviews and land high paying tech jobs.
Tech Speaker Series with Kelly Butler, technical recruiter at AVID technical resources - Every Weds @ 1PM PST
Kelly is an IT Technical recruiter with experience in sourcing active and passive candidates, screening, and managing the candidate’s interview process from start to finish. She has a background in the sales and customer service industry, and enjoy’s connecting with candidates and creating relationships with them. Kellys main goal is to place candidates in jobs that fulfills them, and guides them every step of the way using strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Alumni Mentor Coaching Sessions - Ongoing
All alumni who are still seeking a job are assigned to an Alumni Mentor and are encouraged to meet with them weekly as well as join the Motivational Monday session for check in w/Nancy Her. In these sessions students can discuss their experience and career goals. Here, they receive actionable feedback and guidance for today’s job market, as well as coding and tech interview prep, portfolio reviews, networking opportunities, and more.
Hear from or amazing Alumni via our Success Stories website:
Fabian - From a Dead-End Job, to Software Engineer at Amazon Web Services
Rozy - From No Tech Experience To Remote Software Engineer
Meri - U.S. Marine Veteran to Software Engineer at Amazon Web Services
Charles - Chemistry major to UI Designer, Casey shares his success story after graduating Sabio Coding Bootcamp
Lia - US Navy Veteran to Software Engineer at Booz Allen
Chris - From learning to code at Sabio, to Tech Consultant at Booz Allen
Posts you might like
- Software Engineer Career Path: What You Need to Know
- Software Development vs. Software Engineering: What's the Distinction?
- How to Become a Software Engineer: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Become a Software Engineer Without a Degree: Tips and Tricks
- Full Stack Developer vs. Software Engineer: Which Career Path to Choose?
- Full Stack Developer vs. Data Scientist: Which Career is for You?
- Data Science vs. Web Development: Which One Should You Choose?
- Data Science vs. Software Engineering: Which One is Right for You?
- Cyber Security vs. Web Development: Which Career Path to Follow?
- Cyber Security vs. Software Engineering: What's the Difference?
- Essential Skills to Land a Tech Career in 2023
- Landing a Tech Career Without an IT Background
- In-demand Skills that will Help You Land a Tech Job in 2023
- Females are Deleting Myth that Tech is for Men
- Teaching the Next Tech Latino Titans
- Tech Side Gigs to Make Extra Money in 2023
- Tips for Self Employment in Tech
- Navigating the Current Job Market in Tech
- Sabio's Newest Staff Member: Career Counselor & Tech Recruiter Janessa Harris
- The Software Engineer Job Hunt
- What is a Software Engineer and How Do I Become One
- Steps To Become a Software Engineer
- Career Support at Sabio Coding Bootcamp
- Top Tech Industry Challanges 2022
- 2022 Latinos in Tech
- Coding Bootcamps Are Your Ticket Into A Tech Career
- Women in Tech 2022
- 2022 Coding Bootcamp Review
- Coding Bootcamps with highest earning potential 2022
- Best Career Focused Coding Bootcamps