Learning how to code opens a lot of career opportunities. With a coding bootcamp, you’ll get the expert guidance you need to quickly learn this skill and land a high-paying job. But there are many options out there when it comes to these courses — we’ve reviewed the top coding bootcamps below to help you select the program that’s most worth your time and money.
Many people now prefer to complete work remotely. This goes for academic programming as well. Doing things remote allows us to work from anywhere in the world without having to deal with the inconvenience that comes with daily commutes. Many coding bootcamps allow people to leap into a tech career from the comfort of their own home.
Below is a list of top online bootcamps according to Course Report.
- Sabio is a developer community offering 12-week full-time coding bootcamps in Los Angeles, Orange County, and Online. Sabio focuses on .NET/C# and trains across the full stack in Mobile, Front End, Back End, Source Control, Database and Development platforms. Sabio is approved by the state of California and innovates based on experience, expertise, and market knowledge.
- Applicants do not need previous programming experience, but individuals with prior experience are placed in a faster track than others. The application process at Sabio identifies motivated and engaged students from a variety of backgrounds. Past students include those with advanced degrees in Computer Science, Engineering but also Musicology, Psychology, Finance, Mathematics, and many others. All applicants should have a great personality, work ethic, and ability to solve basic logic problems.
- App Academy
- Bloom Institute of Technology
- Bloom Institute of Technology is an online coding bootcamp that trains people to become software engineers, data scientists, or back-end developers at no up-front cost. Remote classes are live and interactive, and include one-on-one help, professional mentorship, opportunities to build real products, and frequent code reviews. Students graduate with 900+ hours of hands-on technical experience for Web Development and Data Science, and with over 1,400 hours of hands-on coding experience for Backend Development.
- Bottega offers part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in front end development, Python programming, and Ruby Programming in Lehi, UT, and online. The school was created as a place for motivated students to have the resources necessary to reach their potential. Students have daily scheduled class time for a structured support system and learning environment with other students, instructors, and access to mentors. Students work on projects using current and relevant website and software development as part of the course curriculum.
Remember, there is no ultimate "best online coding boot camp" - the best code school for you depends on your own learning style, availability, and career goals. No matter how many accolades a school has, make sure to do your research: read reviews, talk to alumni, take an intro course, and ask about job outcomes data.