Over the last decade there has been a social media explosion that has completely revolutionized several aspects of life. Initially, social media was a way to connect with friends and loved ones across the globe without having to physically be there. It has now evolved into an indispensable business tool and source of employment.
As one navigates their careers, you might have heard the phrase, “many of the jobs of the future have not been invented yet.”
If we look closer, there are many jobs of the future that are already here and they rest on the platforms that each one of us uses every day: social networking sites. As the tech industry advances and new social media platforms are created every day, the number of jobs in both industries isn't the only thing that increases, but so do the types of jobs.
Fiverr, a company that connects businesses and freelancers, has drawn up a list of new jobs that are taking shape as we speak and are destined to become even more commonplace, especially after the pandemic.
- Moving images, typically making reference to pop culture, that we send to express emotions when we lack the words, are increasingly popular in the world of social networks. Due to this, gif designers are in high demand - experts who can create unique customized content for a variety of platforms like Instagram, TikTok and WhatsApp.
- Generation Z, those born between 1995 and 2010 are the largest group of users of the social network landscape. The marketing mission of a TikTok manager is a very tricky one: to provide content that matches the style and the messaging that most captivate a younger audience, aiming to engage and amuse. The managers work very closely with back end teams to analyze all sorts of data in order to establish relationships between Tik Tok audiences and advertisers.
- The world of social media and the web in general contain more images than words. That’s why a motion designer, an expert in animation, graphics, title sequences and anything that moves digitally, is today becoming an ever more essential role for companies. The personalisation of brands and engaging with users on various platforms, even dear old YouTube, is evolving.
Facebook Messenger chatbot designer
- One of the most prominent trends in social media is the use of chatbots, artificial intelligence able to automatically answer questions from individual users and guide them through websites. Experts who can develop these automated dialogue systems are becoming essential. Sometimes, you can’t even tell you are speaking to a computer!
Developers of Instagram filters
- Another trend that is all the rage on social networks, especially on Instagram is the use of filters, photographic filters with special effects. According to Fiverr, demand for this role has increased worldwide by 109% and by 84% in Italy: the job lies somewhere between a developer and a designer which is likely to be attractive to many people.
Are you not sure where to begin? Coding bootcamps such as Sabio are a great way to get your tech career started.
Want to learn more about Sabio? Attend an info session where you will have the opportunity to ask questions Sign up here: bit.ly/sabio-info-session
Ready to start coding? Free coding classes available to get you started: bit.ly/sabio-intro-classes